Well, we made it through another Halloween!! I love Halloween because everyone gets to dress up and wear whatever they desire to be just for one night and it doesn't matter how much makeup or glitter you put on, it won't matter because everyone does it!
For Halloween this year, Madelyn was a ghostly pirate...I think that's what the package said but it looked more like a hooker pirate! Obviously, since she is 9 years old, I wasn't about to let me daughter dress like a hooker. So we kinda changed her outfit into a pirate girl that was more appropriate for her age! She was beautiful!!! For Marshall, I was having a hard time deciding on what he should be and I am sure if anyone asked him what he wanted to be, he would probably say, "A choo-choo, like Thomas!" But I didn't see him as being a train this year. So I went to Children's Orchard and found the PERFECT costume for him....Captain Hook! It was so adorable and of course we didn't get the hook or the sword for him...only for safety of my other children! When I put it on him...OMGosh I fell in love with him all over again! Now Garrett, since he was 1 year old this year got the privelege of wearing....DUMBO!!! I have had that Dumbo costume since Madelyn wore it when she was 1 year old and then Marshall wore it last year, so of course it was Garrett's turn! Let's just say, he was not going to have anything to do with that costume until the last 10 minutes of Halloween....then he was happy and actually left the ears on so I could take his picture!! Simply Adorable...all 3 had a great time!
The kids got to go to several houses in our neighborhood and had so much fun. I think Garrett was just glad to be riding in the wagon all bundled up with a bucket of candy! After we went to several houses, Madelyn was ready to go back so she could hand out candy! When we got back to the house the kids sorted through their candy and of course had to try a few pieces, and if we didn't open Garrett's soon enough he just tried to at it with the wrapper on! By the end of the night the kids were exhausted but had so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment