Saturday, July 24, 2010

Birds

Well, I guess we now have an obsession with bringing birds to our house! Madelyn has been talking about wanting a bird house for many months and so today I finally gave in!
I took her and Marshall to Hobby Lobby to find a birdhouse. All the birdhouses that she wanted were $25.00 and I think they are more decorative birdhouses and aren't really meant for the purpose of housing a bird. SO, we ventured over to the plain wood section and found a birdhouse that she could paint and do whatever she wanted to with it. With those we found birdfeeders. So of course Marshall had to have the birdfeeder. We can't very well have a birdhouse and not have someplace for the birds to eat!!!! Oh the things my daughter thinks of!
So we made our purchase along with some things of paint and went home and worked on our project! Of course we didn't get them finished tonight but we will continue our work tomorrow. But here are a few pictures of our work so far!!!








The kids had so much fun painting tonight, in fact Marshall was screaming at Justin when he took his paintbrush away!!!
Bring on the birds we will be ready for them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment