Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sleepover Madness

Well, I decided to take on the task of 6 kids...yes I know I am crazy but sometime's in life we just need to live a little on the edge! My plan was to take the kids to Lebanon, to watch my two favorite nephews play some football! I always love watching my kids play sports or my sister's kids, but sometimes it's hard for me to watch because I get upset if one of our kids get hurt or if they lose. But I guess that's how kids learn to be fair and learn the concept of the game! So after the football game, I had planned on switching cars with my sister and then I was going to drive her car with all 6 kids to my house for a sleepover! My grocery getter of course would not fit all 6 kids in it, SO, I had to drive the Wehner Wagon!!! I definately enjoyed having much more room in my car...it may be time to upgrade to a bigger vehicle! So after I got all 6 kids loaded up in the car, we were off...and then came on Star Wars (on the DVD player). After about 15 minutes, we had giggling in the very back from the girls, Garrett screaming because somehow Marshall was managing to put his feet on Garrett, Marshall screaming at me because he needed a drink, Jonathan analyzing the movie and Brandon sitting quietly. After 5 more minutes of this I decided, we had to stop in Marshfield for Sonic Slushies!!! After I got our 6 slushies passed out, we headed back on the road! The kids did great! I couldn't have asked for a better ride home with 6 kids!
Once we got home, all the kids hung out in the living room and just played, we had a little group playing lego's, one playing on their DS, and a group playing in the play kitchen. After awhile the kids ventured to the back yard and made up some interesting games, until it was time to eat! We had homemade pizza, macaroni and for dessert we had cupcakes and ice cream! It was a lot of fun! After dinner we, hung out and the kids played for awhile, everyone was getting along SO good! We made a place on the floor for 3 kids to sleep and then got blankets for two kids to sleep on the couches. At about 8:30, we put Garrett in bed, and turned on the movie "The Pacifier". Within 10 minutes, Marshall and Michaela were passed out sleeping on the floor, it had been a LONG day for those two! At about 9:00, I checked on them and Brandon was snoring right along side Marshall!! At 10:00, the movie was over and I turned it off and Madelyn and Jonathan fell asleep very quickly on the couches. I didn't hear any of them move the whole night and they didn't get up until 7:30 the next morning! They all got up and played and then I met my sister to return her kids to her and her car!
I had so much fun watching them! It's not often that I get to spend time with all 6 kids, and some people might think I am crazy for attempting such a task but they are all such good kids. I had the most fun just watching them play, hearing their conversations and seeing how different all six of the personalities really are! Plus they all entertain each other really well...and yes they definately wore each other out!! Hopefully, we will have another sleepover soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment