Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Beginning

I guess I should probably start from the beginning. Obviously I am Katie and this is my new blog or lets call it my new adventure. I have been reading some blogs lately and I thought this would be a great idea for me. Not only can I write about my kids and our life,as well as updates on Garrett, this will be a great way for everyone to learn more about us as a family, keep up to date with us, and experience our life through my eyes!!! What more could anyone ask for?!?! Of course I will not guarantee anyone that this thing will be updated everyday, or even every other day but I will do my best.

So let me begin with the first thing. It is 1:57 am and of course I am not sleeping because, well I have been having a hard time sleeping. So of course I am sitting here working on this and then all of a sudden I hear this big "THUD" from one of the kids rooms. Which can mean 1 of 2 things: 1. Garrett's crib fell apart and he's laying on the floor, but I didn't hear him crying...so that rules that out. or #2. which would be Madelyn is up or she fell out of bed. The 3rd would have been Marshall falling out of bed but he has already gotten up for his night walk into our room and taken a place in mine and Justin's bed, which means it is my night to be on the couch, lucky me. Anyways, back to the story. SO I go investigate where the "THUD" came from. It was Madelyn. She was sitting on the floor by her window! Hmmm...my 1st thought is, "Oh geez, she was sneaking out of her window." Okay, not really...that will be my thought in about 3 years. So I ask her what she is doing. And she says, "well I don't know how to explain it to you." I start thinking, maybe she is asleep and is talking to me...but that definately is not the case. So I ask her why she is up, has she been watching TV, playing her DS?!?!? Why is she on the floor? And she says, "I'm just really hot and I am trying to sleep someplace where I won't be hot, and I tripped over my cord." So I get her back into bed, go get the fan, and turn down the air. Hopefully now she will go to sleep.
So that is I guess the beginning to my interesting, chaotic, wonderful life that I have and wouldn't change for anything!!!! And a sneak peak into what my blog story will be all about!!!

Love to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment